Header Ads

Breaking News
recent

Ten JRPGs releasing in 2020 that you should be excited for


List by Matt S.

I know that we're only eight days into 2020, but I'm making the prediction, here and now, that it's going to be one of the best years for the JRPG genre. With so many games as yet unannounced, I still really struggled to pull this list together, and there are more than a few potential favourites that I've left off.

To make it a bit easier on myself I decided that I'd leave off JRPGs that are relatively standard re-releases. I've left Tokyo Mirage Sessions and the Atelier Dusk trilogy off, for example, because those are functionally the same games you've already played. I've also left off stuff like Persona 5 Royal - I know it's got a new character and narrative arc, but it is nonetheless a glorified expansion.

Even then, the ten games below are almost certain to be really great stuff, and no doubt by the end of the year there will be dozen more games that were released that I would have added to this list had I known about them at the time.

Read more »

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.