Header Ads

Breaking News
recent

Retro reflections: Nintendo's magnificent Art Style series


Retro by Matt S. 

It's been a while since I last did a retro reflections, but I was recently in a nostalgic mood, so I dusted off my DSi to play some of the DSiWare titles that I found so fascinating back in the day. As a side note, it was actually an interest in supporting DSiWare that was a major reason behind my decision to start up DigitallyDownloaded.net.

As the first of Nintendo's handheld consoles to support a download eShop, the DSi was almost laughable in terms of what developers were able to do with it - there was an obscene maximum file size (40MB!), for example - but it nonetheless ended up with a pretty decent lineup of games that were a good compliment to the full-scale retail releases. Of the DSiWare titles, none were as good as the Art Style series.

Read more »

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.