Header Ads

Breaking News
recent

Review: The Last Of Us Part II (Sony PlayStation 4)


Review by Matt S.

The Last of Us Part II is a difficult game to review. That's not to say that there isn't anything worth talking about in it, because there is a lot, but rather the difficulty comes from an extended list of embargo conditions that make it impossible to discuss the narrative of this narrative-driven game on any meaningful level. To discuss narrative, you need to be able to drill down into specific examples that highlight key themes and narrative beats, and any specifics that I might want to discuss that highlight how this game engages with its themes I simply can't mention. So, I have a choice; either I don’t discuss the narrative at all, or I do so in such vague and meaningless terms that any criticism I might have is impossible to substantiate and therefore easy to dismiss.

Read more »

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.